Novus Inc. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://www.novushoes.com website (the "Service").
Information Collection and Use
As part of our offerings to you, we collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. Your information (both personal information and non-personal identifiable information) may be collected when you access, use or visit the Service, when you register or sign up for or use the Service and/or when you buy or request or obtain any product or make a purchase. We also collect information when you receive certain services or products, including when you register to purchase items through the Service or when you apply for membership to the Inner Circle Benefits program at one of our stores or through the Service.
We may also request personal information when you elect to participate in other of our affiliated or sponsored programs, including, but not limited to, sweepstakes, contests, and/or other such promotions. Also, when you otherwise submit information to us, including when you do not complete any applicable registration process in full.
Types of Information Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). This may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
We may use your Personal Information to contact you via regular mail or e-mail with catalogues, newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You agree to receive marketing information and/or promotional material from us and may choose to stop receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Information"). This Usage Information is collected automatically and its data cannot be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity. User Information includes information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Usage information may be collected by us and used to analyze and improve the Service and its products and to design, customize, and improve our business and for any other purpose, including but not limited to commercial purposes. We may share this information with third parties, including, without limitation, as permitted by law: (a) providers of direct marketing services and applications, including lookup and reference, data enhancement, suppression and validation; (b) e-mail marketers; and (c) direct marketers. Said third parties may bring selected business, retail, product, service, sale, or other opportunities to you, with or without our endorsement.
Tracking Cookies Data
When you visit the Service or register, we may send a cookie and/or gif file ("Cookie") to assign an anonymous, unique identifier to your Internet browser and/or your computer. A Cookie will be stored on your hard drive and contain non-personal identifiable information about you.
You may delete and/or block Cookies from your browser, but this may affect the quality and/or performance of the site.
To disable and reject all Cookies, follow the instructions associated with your Internet browser.
Use of Information
We use the collected information for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To analyze and manage our business
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
For privacy and security purposes, your account information (if a company or Service account is provided to you) may be password-protected. If the Service and/or the Inner Circle Benefits program and/or any part or component thereof requires the use of a password, you have the responsibility to maintain the secrecy and/or integrity of your password by taking reasonable measures to ensure that your password in not misused. You must notify us immediately should you suspect that your password secrecy and/or integrity have been compromised.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Under General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
We may process your Personal Information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
You hereby agree that, by engaging in the activities described above, you consent to the collection by us of your Personal Information, consent which you have the right to withdraw, at any time.
Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
If you are a resident of the European Union you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
You have also the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Please see, http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Retention of Information
We will also retain Usage Information for internal analysis purposes. Usage Information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Information
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to and/or maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Puerto Rico and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Puerto Rico and process it there.
Disclosure of Information
We reserve the right to release current or past personal information in the event we believe that you are using, or have used, our products, services, and/or the Service (or any part thereof):
- In violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use the Service
- To break the law
- If such information is subpoenaed or ordered to be disclosed by any authority
- If our company is sold or acquired or merges with any other entity
- When we deem it necessary or appropriate including, without limitation, sharing your e-mail address with other third parties for suppression purposes in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended from time to time, and Federal Trade Commission implementing regulations.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third-party service providers are prohibited from using personal information for any other purpose and are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws and requirements, which may include Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards if they are processing payments for our company.
Links to Other Sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or the content of such other websites.
Children’s Privacy Rights
We recognize the importance of children's safety and privacy. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children”). In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), we do not request or collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such request, please submit a written request to the following email address specifying that you want a copy of our “California Privacy Rights" notice: email@example.com. In response to your written request, we are allowed to provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your information with third parties with whom we do not share the same brand name, if the third-party will use such information for its direct marketing purposes. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.